Friday, October 5, 2012

this is me

Today I really wanted to share with everyone a poem I wrote that gives you a glimpse into my heart and soul. All of my poems are personal but this one holds a lot of me in it. I want to color this poem red because that's the color of my spirit :)




I was never the relationship type of girl. I never took the chance of dating someone just to simply have someone there. The first guy I actually dated was someone I didn't even romantically like. My best friend had to talk me into giving him a chance, saying that I might learn to like him in the long run. 

And I did.
But I didn't love him.
I said I did and it was wrong to lie. But I didn't know how to say no. 
I know better now.

You see I'm the type of girl that believes in the old-fashion way of love. You say love because you feel it. You say love because you see it in their eyes. I don't believe that love can tell time, but when it's there, you just know. 
My second boyfriend was my first love. This was hard because I'm the kind of girl that believes in one love. I said I loved him and I meant it. 

I didn't know love could die. 

He left me when things got tough. 
He said he loved me but it wasn't enough. 

I didn't know love could be reborn.

I have a boyfriend that I love very much. I've given him my heart and all of my trust. I know that his heart shares the same feelings as mine but it makes me sad that I can't believe his words. I know he means it when he says he loves me but I can't believe that he will never leave me.
I made that mistake before and I felt a pain I didn't know could exist.

I am not naive.
I am not dramatic.
I believe in the old-fashion way of love.

I have a boyfriend that I love very much. He shouldn't have to wait for me to believe him but he does. And I thank him everyday for being so patient. 

A part of me really hates my ex-boyfriend.
Only because I don't believe an ex should exist. 
It's not his fault.
But he showed me that love could die.
And I never want to cry like that again.



Tell me what you think.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment