Wednesday, October 3, 2012

a gothic look

Hi everyone! Today I didn't have a clue as to what kind of look I wanted to do so I just started slapping on some eyeshadow and this is what I came up with:


I started out doing a cut crease with Sugarpill's "2 am" and then it turned into this! With my dark hair and deep red lips I just thought it turned out to be a very unique, sophisticated gothic-y look. 

Here are some more photos:


I decided not to go over the crease with too much color because I wanted the look extended out horizontally instead of the more traditional styles. It took me a little bit to get used to the shape I created on my eyes but I eventually just ran with it and thought, "Hey, this doesn't look half bad". 


If you enjoy this look and my other work,  please like my Facebook page:



This look was just something different I tried and in the end I think it would make for a fantastic Halloween vampire look (or any other dark/gothic look). Would you give this look a try?



And that's it! I went to the mall right after I applied this makeup and I for sure thought I was going to get some weird looks but I didn't! I think it was me just being self consious because I've never played with this shape on my eyes before. I didn't even have any lipstick or eye lashes on at that time which made me feel like my makeup was underdone, haha. I had to wait until I got home to add those on for the pictures.

Speaking of eyelashes, I bought another pair today. I don't remember the name of the store I purchased them from because well, the Galleria Mall is freaking huge and who can remember all of those stores anyway? Anywho, the name of the brand is Baci Lingerie (weird, right?) and here is what they look like:


They actually had a pretty awesome selection of lashes to choose from. There was a bunch on display (I'm assuming because Halloween is coming up) and I decided to pick these gorgeous babies up!

Each box of lashes had a picture of what they looked like worn on the eyes. Here's what's on the opposite side of the box I bought:


How pretty! I think I'll be doing a look with these lashes for my next post. Maybe I'll finally do another colored brow as well :)

I also picked up this topcoat:

(Brand is Nails Alive. Sorry, I know it's a little hard to see.)

Have any of you ever tried this polish before? I really hope it does what it says and keeps my polish from chipping. I'll let you guys know how it works!

And I have one more thing to share with you. I picked this up from Hot Topic:


How freaking cute is that!? Hahahaha. I bought this one and two other ones (one for me, one for my friend Lena and the other for my friend Gabe). Lena will be leaving soon and I hardly see my friend Gabe so I thought these would be a cute token of our friendship, haha. Here's a photo of my Voodoo Doll outside the box.


They're so tiny but I love that, and mine has a little sword on her waist! Len's has crazy blonde pigtails and Gabe's has a hugeeeee heart on it's chest. I don't know what to name mine yet. I have another doll similar to this one that I got out of a candy machine for 50¢ (I named her Sally and clipped her to the side of my purse), but I don't know about this little gal yet. Any suggestions?

Well, that's all the nonsense I have for you today. 


What's some of your favorite unique looks?
What are some of your favorite candy machine toys?

Let me know!

Until next time everyone :D



Ciao!

Eyes: 
  • Palladio eye primer
  • Sugarpill Cosmetics pressed eyeshadow "2am"
  • Bitch Slap! Cosmetics eyeshadows from the "Bitch Palette"
  • L'oreal infallible eyeshadow "Eternal Black"
  • 120 eyeshadow palette
  • wetnwild H20 proof liquid eyeliner "Ultra Black"
  • Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil "Perversion"
  • Maybelline the falsies volume express flared mascara "Blackest Black"
  • Ardell fashion lashes "120 Demi"
Cheeks: Nothing

Lips:
  • Avon lipstick "Flambe"
Face:
  • Almay smart shade foundation "light/medium"
  • Bitch Slap! Cosmetics oil control blotting powder
  • Avon magiX illuminator
Brows:
  • Bitch Slap! Cosmetics brow quad "Dark"
  • Avon glimmersticks brow definer "Soft Black"








No comments:

Post a Comment