Saturday, January 12, 2013

make your eyes look bigger

Heyyyyyyyyyy :)

Back to the blog I go!

My cousin Nicole asked me to do a post that would show her how to make small eyes appear larger so I'm going to let you guys in on some tips to help you achieve that effect.

I didn't do a tutorial but I did do a makeup look that would show you an example of what these tips can do for you.

Helpful Tips:
  • Use light eyeshadows and shimmer eyeshadows on your lid. Lighter colors will make the eye appear larger than darker colors would. Shimmery eyeshadows are great because they reflect well with light.
  • Apply white liner to the inner rim of your bottom lash line. This will give the illusion that the white part of your eye extends out father than it actually does.
  • Curl your lashes and use mascara! Longer lashes give a striking vertical illusion, drawing the eye upward. 
  • Groom your brows! Shaping your eyebrows and removing hairs can free up some space around the eye area, especially if you arch your brows. The more space around your eye, the larger it appears to be.
Those four tips are the main things that help me get the appearance of a larger eye. Now Im going to show you a makeup look I did using those tips, displaying a before and after.


If you look at the picture the right side appears to have a larger eye than the left, all with the help of makeup! The results aren't extremely drastic but they do help.

Here's the look with both eyes done:


As you can see, using lighter colors instantly widens the eye area. You know how they say black is slimming and white is the opposite? Well, the same concept applies here. Just as using white liner will help widen the eye area, black will make your eyes appear smaller. Now this doesn't mean you can't use black liner, just keep it away from your lower waterline. If you love black eyeliner as much as I do and feel you just have to have it on, apply it along the upper lash line. If you look closely you can see that I only applied black eyeliner on the outer third of the lash line. Applying liner that way keeps the inner two-thirds of your lid open while still adding depth from the black at the end. This same rule apples to darker eyeshadows. If you're going to use dark colors, keep them on the outer third of your lid.

Under the waterline I added some light brown shadow to my lower lid for dimension. I also did the same on the top lid in the crease towards the outer half of my lid. Don't be afraid to pair different light colors together. Doing so can also add dimension to your eyes, especially when using two colors of the same hue. For example, on the inner two-thirds of my eyelids I used a pale pink then on the outer half I used a baby pink. You can do this with blues, greens, purples or any other colors you'd like.

I also applied mascara to the bottom lashes. Doing so isn't necessary but I think it adds length to the bottom of the eye just as it does the top.

That's pretty much the gist of it all. I hope this post helps anyone reading this. If you have any questions or comments, please submit them below.

Also, if you haven't liked my Facebook page yet you can do so by clicking on the link below. Tell your friends!


Leave me some more blog post suggestions below.

Talk to you guys soon :)



Ciao!


Eyes:
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer
  • Too Faced eyeshadow "Satin Sheets"
  • Too Faced eyeshadow "Gum Drop"
  • Too Faced eyeshadow "Teddy Bear"
  • Too Faced eyeshadow "Lovey Dovey"
  • Sugarpill Cosmetics pressed eyeshadow "Tako"
  • Palladio liquid eyeliner "Black"
  • Femme Couture XXL Monster Lash mega volume mascara
Cheeks:
  • NYX blush "Mocha"
  • Too Faced "Candlelight Glow" from Sweet Indulgence palette
Lips:
  • NYX pump it up lip plumper "Scarlett"
Face:
  • Make Up For Ever 5 camouflage cream palette "No. 1"
  • Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ mutinying foundation "No. 45 - Soft Beige"
  • Too Faced "Exclusive Bronzer" from Sweet Indulgence palette
Brows:
  • Bitch Slap! Cosmetics brow quad "Dark"
  • Make Up For Ever 5 camouflage cream palette "No. 1"









No comments:

Post a Comment