Sunday, December 2, 2012

'tis the season (tutorial)

Hello everyone! Today I put together another picture tutorial for you all :) It's December and I've got the holiday spirit so I created this look using traditional Christmas colors. Enjoy!!!



***LET'S GET STARTED!***

  • Step 1: First I'm going to show you how I did the glitter brow. I decided to do red eyebrows to keep the Christmas theme but if that's too much for you can do your brows as you normally do :) Using a red eyeliner pencil, outline the shape of your brow.
  • Step 2: Now fill in your brow with the red pencil or red eyeshadow.
  • Step 3: I used my NYX glitterati glitter cream palette for the glitter. Just pat the glitter on over your brow. If you want, you can use glitter adhesive to make it stick better. I chose gold glitter to break apart the red a bit.
  • Step 4: Now let's get started on the eyes. After priming your lid, use a small piece of tape and place it on the side of your eye. This will help you create a clean line at the edge of your eye when you apply eyeshadow. To prevent harsh tugging when you remove the tape, stick it on your hand a couple of times before you apply it near your eye. You want the tape sticky but not enough to pull on the skin when you remove it. 
  • Step 5: Using a flat stiff brush, pat on green eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid. Keep applying and patting the color on until it's a nice deep green.

  • Step 6: Using the same brush, apply the same green eyeshadow on the inner half of your lid. I want the green to show a but under the gold color we're about to apply so I brought the green in a bit towards the middle. Don't worry if it looks messy right now, it'll look better when you blend the two colors you're using together. 
  • Step 7: Continuing with the same brush (clean off the green first though), take a gold color and apply it on the middle of the lid. Blend the gold in with the green around it.
  • Step 8: The messy part is over so now we can remove the tape! Gently peel off the tape and toss it in the garbage. Clean off any fallout that's on your skin.
  • Step 9: Using the same flat stiff brush you've been using, blend the top of the eyeshadow so it doesn't have such a harsh line. To blend, use gentle strokes going back and forth along the edge of the eye shadow.



When you're done blending, you should have something like this.
  • Step 10: Again, using the same brush, take the same green you've been using and run it along your bottom lid.
  • Step 11: Line your water line with black eyeliner. You can line your top waterline if you want as well. Applying eyeliner to the top waterline can give the illusion of thicker lashes.

  • Step 12: Line the top of your lid with black liquid eyeliner. You can use gel eyeliner if you prefer.

  • Step 13: Using your liquid eyeliner, draw a line along the free edge of your eye where you removed the tape. This will help you create the perfect cat eye.
  • Step 14: Now join the line you just made with the eyeliner on your lid. The eyeliner should meet at the highest point of the line you just drew. 

Once you've got your eyeliner on, just add mascara and you're all set! If you'd like, you can apply false eyelashes at this time as well. 



And that's my holiday look! What do you guys think? I hope everyone is enjoying my picture tutorial method and I hope it helps in your makeup application. This look is a fun look for the holidays, don't you agree?


I'm seriously thinking of rocking colored brows for Christmas. Speaking of brows, I just groomed my mother's caterpillars today, haha. But they turned out great! If you liked my page on Facebook you can see the pictures I posted on my wall earlier. 


But just for the heck of it I'll put the pictures on here as well.

Here's a before and after photo of her brows. The left is done, the right is not.


After I was done tweezing her brows, I filled them in for her.


And that's not all! I also did her makeup. This is the first time I've ever seen her with foundation on and I think she just looks so fabulous here!!!


She's just too gorgeous isn't she? Now you all know where I get my good looks from, haha. But really, I've been meaning to do my mom's eyebrows for a while now and they were definitely long overdue. I'm glad I got to pamper her a bit today though. It was fun dolling her up :) Love you momma!

But that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed this post. What holiday looks have you come up with? Leave a comment for me and don't forget to tell your friends!




Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment